Thursday, January 12, 2012

Boys Week


After a lot of contemplating and complaining that I couldn't think of anything for 
Boys week
I finally have an entry :)

SPACE INVADERS
My gorgeous model Jack

I actually got my inspiration for this project from "Oh Fransson"
In November she designed a "Space Invaders Quilt"
I loved it and so nicked the idea then set off to find more space invaders through Google images.

I then drew them up

and rearranged them

I decided not to buy anything for this project as I went a bit crazy with the last one and bought heaps of fabric and notion that I haven't used (oops)
Instead I found an old white t-shirt that had stains all over it 
(I bleached it, which got most of the stains out)
and I found this old pair of pants belonging to me that had holes in the backside (believe it or not from battery acid)


then it was appliqué city
I think I really know my machine now and it knows me 
(I don't think it liked me very much though)
I was going to appliqué the shooters at the bottom but I had this lovely embroidery stitch on the machine that did the job nicely (and quickly)


Jackie loved it!!!!!
He couldn't wait for his photo shoot
The weather was awesome, the perfect day for skateboarding
David felt Jack wasn't going quite fast enough down our very steep driveway so decided to lend a hand




well he seemed ok even though he came off, cause he went straight back up the hill


David also felt the need to model today
(maybe I should have made him a shirt too lol)

BTW Anthony (almost 12) really liked the shirt and wants one in black with plain white space invaders.
I'm one happy mum/designer :)

You can check out the flickr group for all the entries

4 comments:

  1. Great transformation of old into new. Very creative design. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are some great mum Steph!!!!Im really proud of you.Love mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Love the space invaders. :)

    ReplyDelete