Monday, May 18, 2020

Sweet Little Things

I really love to sew pretty, sweet things, and there is nothing more sweet than Violette Field Threads Stuffies
Today I wanted to show you my latest ones.
First up we have Sophia


Sophia is made using the Elle Elephant pattern


I added some hand sewn trim over the seam lines on her head to give a more dressed up feel


Her ballet shoes are from the Millie Mouse pattern. They are removable.



She has the sweetest little tail


I sent her off to my sister who is sharing her with her granddaughters 
I think she will be well loved.

Next up we have Josephine


Josephine was made using the Millie Mouse pattern


I really love her crown, it is fabric with strong interfacing and lace. The pattern suggests you can use cardboard but I feel this will last much longer. I also hand stitched it to her head so it won't get lost.


Her dress is slightly altered, just longer and tied under her arms for a more romantic feel. I made her a little shawl which comes with the blushing Bunny pattern


I altered her shoes too, this time they are actually sewn into the seams of the legs. I think I like the finish better but it does mean they can't be removed to play with. Which is fine because Josephine is off to my mother's house to sit on mum's bed.

I really, really, really enjoyed sewing these stuffies๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“

Here are the links if you would like to make your own

Elle Elephant

Millie Mouse

Blushing Bunny

Stephanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment