Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Totally Stuffed

I fell madly in love with these gorgeous Stuffie animal patterns by Violet Field Threads
I am fairly sure I own almost all of them but today I want to show off 3.


Blushing Bunny, Fiona Fox and Dainty Deer


 My Blushing Bunny is made from quilting cotton, with polar fleece for the tummy paws and tail


She comes with an elasticated slip dress and the cutest fur (polar fleece and satin) stole.


Her lashes are to die for and created with some brown hand embroidery thread.


Of course she can't be blushing bunny without some pink cheeks, made from pink homespun.


Dainty Deer is made with quilting cotton too.
She has a lovely simple skirt made from furnishing fabric, a halter neck top made from broderie anglaise.


Her flower crown was a cheat on my part. I picked it up for a couple of dollars at KMart.


Her Lashes are a little less showy, and are made from quilting cotton and attached using Visoflex


Fiona Fox is much like her sisters and is made from quilting cotton. Her body material was actually a fat flat I had in my stash. Another simple skirt and a bandana, make up the staples of her wardrobe.


The pattern for Fiona Fox also includes a knit headband. This one is made from some scrap lycra I had left over from lining a white leotard.


I really enjoy making dolls, I'm not 100% sure why they resonate with me so much. It certainly wasn't that didn't have any as a kid because I had my fair share. Perhaps it's just that I get to pick their outfits and they never complain :)

Stephanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment