Thursday, September 20, 2012

PR&P Week2 Fashion Icon


 I know I missed week one :(
I was so flat out, I've been sewing costumes for the dance school and preparing to send our 14 year old to Japan, but I was so inspired by this theme!
Who did I pick?


I knew I wanted to do Coco Chanel almost immediately.
I say almost because I was thinking Audrey Hepburn but that fabulous twosome from Simple Simon and Co did that a few seasons ago. I totally think my Bianca looks like Audrey Hepburn but she also reminds me of  Audrey Tautou who was fabulous as Coco Chanel.

Here is the original Coco


and here is Audrey 


and Bianca



Coco Chanel was well know for the pant suit but this picture of Audrey Tautou kept popping into my mind and I knew navy strips would look cute on BiBi




she also has the best pair of legs I've ever seen - they are skinny and go on forever! so I knew some high waisted straight leg pants were in order.


Not the greatest shot but at least you can see the top of the pants


I used linen for the pants so they crinkle up beautifully


I must tell you that Bi can do attitude in a photo shoot with ease
so I got some nice shots
but boy was she tired today and I got some shots to prove it lol


this one is "you want me to do what with my leg"


"You want me to get off the chair"


My absolute favourite 
"Are we done yet"

She really was a trouper




Before I finish I will just tell you that I did actually start to make a chanel inspired coat to go with this outfit but time got away from me and its only half done. Unfortunately it may stay that way for a while :(

Hopefully I will be back next week with week 3 
(better look up the theme hey?)

5 comments:

  1. I give you props for actually trying to make a Chanel coat to go with the outfit. Those are very time consuming! Your daughter is beautiful in your Coco inspired outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I think this is a great outfit for a young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this whole outfit!!! (Can I have it for me?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is just gorgeous!!! I have tried several of you styles. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete