Saturday, October 1, 2011

Betcha he reads, betcha she sews

School holidays here, the kids are getting into the musicals.
Annie, Marry Popins and High School Musical
Got all the songs stuck in my head :)
Very busy had lots of visitors!
Have done some sewing (lots actually)
I made bonnets and aprons for some kids at church to wear to trek.
All up I made 8 bonnets, 7 aprons and 5 skirts
No photos. Camera is in being fixed.
I did manage to take some photos of my latest baby quilt though



I'm really happy with this quilt :)


I didn't buy any fabric to make it!
I have made it for a friend, when I asked her what she would like she said "blue"
I said "anything else"
"Blue would be good" she replied



So I looked around the internet and saw some quilts similar 
and then raided my blue scrap draw.
I thought I would have to buy the white but I found 1 metre and that was just enough.
I also happened to have some bamboo batting so no purchases to make this one YAY!


Now I just have to hope she likes it.

I have had some really awesome sewing things happen lately 
(well awesome for me lol)
but you will have to wait until I get my camera back to show you :)


2 comments:

  1. Great quilt! I love that you did not have to buy anything to make it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line in Annie...it was my favorite musical as a kid!

    And your baby quilt is DARLING! I love all the blues together.

    ReplyDelete