Wednesday, April 13, 2011

41/2 star

I know its been awhile. I went to Adelaide to visit mum then school holidays started and that means you have to fight for the computer.

I have been busy though with my sewing.
My friend Kate and I are organising a beginners quilting weekend in July.
I have been busily designing simple patterns and looking at accommodation and food (mostly Kate on the food)
Here is what I have come up with so far.
not the materials we will be using- just a jelly roll I had lying around.

a cot quilt, a cushion and a snuggle
We will all so be making a utility apron.
Here is one of the fabric choices we will actually be using

brights fabric kit

We will all so have a pastel selection.
So where are we having this wonderful weekend?
Here
Oaks Pacific Blue Resort (Salamander Bay)

We are offering our participants 2 nights accommodation (twin share), all sewing supplies, food and some amateur sewing tuition (from me) as well as transport from the Central Coast NSW to the resort (and back again) all for the grand total of $295.
We already have 2 definitely and we can only take 2 more.
It's going to be awesome!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I want to come there too! Wish I could get tuition in such a great environment.

    I like the bright colours for the apron and the kit for the paricipants to make and take home is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that sounds like so much fun! I wish I could come, but I'm not sure how much sewing I'd get done with a new baby!

    ReplyDelete